In the past, I've researched many home-based business opportunities prior to buying into the hype. It was important for me to uncover any published claims on its pros and cons. Not only from BBB (Better Business Bureau), but from those who served in the business or researched the company's reputation. To find the testimonies, I simply typed in the company's name in Google's search engine- or keywords related to the company's niche, such as, "home-based envelope stuffing, typing, transcribing, etc." More often than not, this method of checking the company's reputation, saved me a lot of time, money, and energy.
I believe the interest in home-based business opportunities are increasing. People are seeking ways to supplement their income to combat unemployment, while others are tired of working 9-5 jobs for someone else who offers minimal pay, no raises, lousy benefits, and unpleasant work conditions. The ideal of a home-based business offers flexibility, supplemental income at a pace conducive to the time someone wants to put into it, and more favorable work conditions.
With a little luck and due diligence, someone might uncover a home-based business (maybe more) that does as claimed. However, more often then not, it might take a few bad experiences to find a reputable H.B.B. that matches your needs. Keeping in mind that people search for H.B.B opportunities for varying circumstances, reasons, conditions, and/or desires.
There are many things to consider when choosing a H.B.B.
Note: My recommendations are from my consumer perspective- not as an expert. My personal trials and experiences searching for legitimate home-based business opportunities influences my dialogue on the subject.
Some that come to mind are:
- Read/Watch testimonies about the company's reputation- Google/ YouTube the Pros and Cons
- If joining a "system": Identify the product offered. ("No product" signifies a "Pyramid Scheme")
- Determine any upfront costs associated with the business opportunity- Identify re-occurring fees
- Verify access to effective training, support, best practices, guides- The objective is to be successful
- Identify your availability: Hours, output (effort), dedication, equipment, skill sets, mindset, personality match
- Partner with friends, family members: Each take a part in the research, labor, profit, business development.
- Set goals: Be willing to dedicate 90 days or more to learn, earn, and grow in the business
- Talk, Listen, and Learn: Utilize personal knowledge, experience, & research from those around you- **Be careful**- Keep it based on your needs, extract news you can use, dispel others' opinions
I'd like to revisit home-based business possibilities in the near future. In the meantime, think of your talents, interests, and passions. I'd like to uncover avenues of your self-expression to service others and make you some money all at the same time!
Until we meet again...be blessed,